Saturday, May 19, 2007
Coming Out Of The Closet
The group of people I've told that I'm having WLS is very small. I literally can count them on one hand.

It took me over 2 years to come to the decision to do this on my own, I've done lots of internet research, I've gone to support groups, I've gone to seminar after seminar. Yes, I've read the stories of people who have not had the best outcomes. I've still decided to move forward with this.

I finally told my mom last night. I was really nervous about it... I had been dabating whether or not to tell her from the moment I got my surgery date. I have an aunt who had a lap band surgery who has been a fairly non-compliant patient and hasn't lost quite as much as the rest of the family has imagined and I did not want to be compared to her, or feel the need to justify my decision to anyone.

Now, I am so thankful that I did tell my mom. I was honest that I really just wanted to be supported and she was great. It went so much better than I had imagined. Yay.

... I'm still not planning on telling anyone else.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer