Tuesday, May 22, 2007
7 Days To Go
Today I had my pre-surge appt with my PCP.

I got to pee in a little cup, have about 8 vials of my blood drawn, chest X-rays... and then there was the highlight... my very first EKG.

The nurse girl is very petite (keep this in mind for later). She tells me to undress from the waist up and lie on the table and she will be right back with the EKG machine. As she starts to head for the door I ask her if she is going to give me one of those little paper outfits to wear. She says I can't wear the paper gown so she hands me a little paper blanket napkin.

So I undress, lie down on the table and try to cover up with the "blanket". Well, if I'm lucky it covers a boob and a 1/2. So in she comes with the machine, of course it is bigger than her and a bit unweidly so quite a few people are able to walk down the corridor and see her trying to bring in the mystery machine while I lie there half naked with a napkin perched on my trying to cover my nipples.

Once she does manage to get the bohemoth of the machine in the room she starts slapping all these little stickers on me, leg, arm and then she removes my "blanket" so she can do the ones on my chest. One sticky goes between my boobs, another one needs to go under, so she grabs my boob and pushes it up to my chin to stick a sticky under there, and then because when I lie down the girls like to try and drift over to my armpits, she then grabs one and pushes it back to the middle of my chest so she can stick on one the side.

Did I mention this girl is tiny? She is maybe 5' tall and 90 lbs. Just one of my boobs looks larger than her entire head. She has also started to perspire a little bit... like the strain of pushing my mountainous tits around has worn her out.

Then she has to attach the electrodes to all the little stickies and run the test. The test takes like a minute tops. I kid you not it took her like 10 minutes to get the stickies on. Once the test is done we do the push me / pull me boob thing again so she can remove the stickies, she hands me my "blanket" and off she runs (but not before a few more patients can walk by and see me 1/2 naked).

Through all of this I really have no idea who is more embarrassed. I have to tell you I was looking forward to the part of the day where I could pee in a cup in private!


3 Comments:

Blogger Lorrie said...

I feel your pain. I had to have an EKG a couple of years ago because I has cardiomyopathy (sp?) when I was a child and still have check-ups for it. Anyway, I was mortified laying there with my boobs just out to the world, with the stickies on my body. I wish you well on your journey with surgery and weight loss. Take Care,
Lorrie (The Token Fat Girl)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I has? wow I can type! I have :)

Blogger Turtle_gurl said...

yeah that part was fun for me too, I didn't see it coming...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer