Monday, June 4, 2007
I'm Home
I've actually been home since Thursday, but have felt too much like a train wreck to do anything.

The hospital stay was pretty much a blur, the first day was really hard, I was heavily doped up so I was pretty out of it. The 2nd day was a bit better, I was able to walk a bit with help. My catheter irritated me a bit and I ended up with blood in my urine for a few days, and my IV leaked into my hand a bit and is pretty swollen. Other than that I was a fairly model patient, walking, doing my breathing, and sleeping. Can't beat that I guess.

Thursday and Friday had been pretty bad for me, I was still sleeping pretty much all the time, but due to the morphine withdrawals I was having really severe nightmares (I kept waking everyone else in the house up with my screaming). The bf came for the weekend to give my sister some nursing duty relief and he was an absolute peach of a nurse, helping me get up and down, helping me walk around the neighborhood, pouring my medications (and keeping track of what has to be taken and when). Hell he even helped me shower and horror of horrors helped me with bathroom duties!

Yesterday was the first day where I was awake for the bulk of the day, and today I'm starting to space out the pain medication a bit further as well. That definately feels like progress.

I have had a lot of problems getting my protein in, the shakes have been making me really naseous even with the anti-barf medication, so I had switched to a couple of days where my fluids were lentil soup thinned out to a watery consistency in the blender with chicken broth. This at least got me some protein.

Today, I will try a shake again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer