Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Protein....
This is what I've found.

It tastes like ass.

It tastes like Jello shots (gross!).

However, it delivers the most protein in the smallest amount of goo.

That's 42G's of protein per 3 ounce "test tube". That's pretty much two shakes worth of protein in a tenth of the liquid.

They are not cheap. They are roughly $3 a shot (with shipping). I'm hoping to find them somewhere local. But I guess $6.00 a day when you don't eat anything else is ok.

It still leaves me about 17 grams short of my nutritionists goal of 101 grams of protein per day, but this is at least do-able until I can start adding some solid stuff into my diet.


2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

If you have a Vitamin Shoppe local they carry them. Does your doc recommend taking all at once since we malabsorb I thought you needed to spread it out throughout the day. My nut suggested no more than 20g per sitting.

Blogger Incredible Me said...

Michelle, you are absolutely correct. I don't down them all at once.

I drink about a third at a time, spacing them through out the day.

I can't imagine trying to choke down the full one in one sitting. Way too gross!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer