Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Issues
I'm still doing ok with the weight loss, and my weekly visits to the nutritionist are going well, and I'm slowly developing a post bariatric diet that fits with my needs and tastes.

Despite all of the work I've done this far, I have decided to look at getting my head some therapy.

In the last couple weeks I have come to realize that I am more of an emotional eater than I had really thought. Mad = eat something that makes you feel good. Bored = Make a giant batch of cookies. Sad = Chocolate.

Now that I'm unable to indulge as I did before I've slowly taken on a bad habit that I used throughout high school; namely cutting myself. A habit that deeply bothers my family and friends. Now before you go flipping out, I'm safe about it, and there are hundreds and thousands of people out there who hurt themselves when they are upset. Some people bite the insides of their cheeks, pull their hair, bite themselves, hell some people beat their head against the wall literally. This is all a different variations of the same thing.

However, I don't want this. I need to learn how to properly handle my stresses and emotions, and for that I'm going to check out therapy, and hope that I find someone who can help me find better ways to deal with life.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first step in healing is recognizing, it's also the most difficult. Tread forward with determination and peace. Good luck to you!

Blogger Donna said...

How honest of you; I hope you find the help you need. If you have a moment, check out www.lovingmiracles.com. She not just an RD, but she's an emotional healer as well.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I am Isabella and I am 37, I lived 35 years of my life wheigting 264lbs. I managed, I married twice with slim guys, and I had children,too. I proudly never went to the nutritionist... But one day I decided to give myself a chance and i went to see a nutritionist. He is very kind person, he has never made me feel guilty , he just helped me too reach reacheable goals. He asked why food for me it is so important. Food made me feel good, there was anything else that made me feel in this way , and I could not live without it. So I began to cook cakes, to share them with friends, to buy cook books and ... I began to "eat with the eyes" . Now I lost 95lb, I know that my "food addiction" it something I cannot solve forever, but I have to cope with it. I is hard to have a normal life when you have to pay attention constantly about what you eat. But you need to find the right place of "food" in your life not just try to hate it.
If you would like to see the the results of my eating passion this is my blog in english too
http://mangiocongliocchi.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer