Saturday, November 3, 2007
Update
So here I am.

5 months out of surgery, and when all is said and done I've basically hit a small (hopefully) plateau.

I've basically not been losing any weight the last couple of weeks scale wise, but according to the funky fancy tests I do at the Dr's office I have actually lost quite a bit of fat while gaining some of my muscle back. In fact in the last 6 weeks I have put on 11 lbs of lean muscle mass.

Oh yeah I'm a stud at the gym. This week I have tried shaking up my work out's by doing at least a mile on the treadmill before switching to the elliptical. Then doing weights I have added a set of extra rep's to each exercise. This week I did yoga 3x before bed, and did a couple of after dinner bicycle rides with wunderkid.

Tonight, I'm planning on taking measurements and hoping to see some progress there.

In other news I am going bald. I was completely prepared to lose quite a bit of hair considering I've had many, many protein struggles along the way, however I was expecting to lose it in an even manner.

I have not.

I have bald spots in patches over my head. I look like a dog that has gotten the mange. Tres sexy to be sure. I know it will come back, some of my patches have baby fuzz already but that isn't the point really. It looks funky.

Tomorrow we are off to the whole foods market to stock up on some supplies, and I bought a couple of diabetic cookbooks this weekend to try and get some new staple recipes in my repertoire that follow the low carb and low glycemic index diet that the nutritionist is having me follow.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer