Sunday, June 17, 2007
Toxic Friends?
I have been very private about what I have had done. I've only told my closest family and friends, hoping that if I kept the group small, that everyone would be supportive of me.

This has turned out to not be the case. I've gotten great fabulous support from everyone except for one person. This one friend I think is trying to be supportive; she calls me every other day to check in, makes sure I don't need any errands run, and I think "Wow! How nice is this?"

Then there are other moments. For instance she was hear when I came home from the hospital, but then the first words out of her mouth were "Now you are going to be prettier than me", or today when she stopped by she told me "I was sure you would have lost more weight already".

I honestly don't know how to respond to these comments. She gets overly sensitive about things, so I know if I were to say "hey, that shit hurts my feelings", she would be the one to get upset.

Ugh, I don't want to have to deal with this.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that friend is coming from insecurity. There's an old saying "consider the source". I think you should do that in this case. You are prettier, and you are a much better person. So just know you are where you are and the friend is where they are. Yours is a much higher place.

Blogger Michelle said...

I am/was going through this exact same scenario starting a few months back. Me being strong willed and up front with people confronted her about it, well suffice we are no longer as good of friends as we once were, now casual friends even seems like a reach for words in my opinion. Good luck with this sweetie, unfortunately it was bound to happen!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer