Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Already dreading tomorrow
Tomorrow I meet with the nutritionist. I should be thrilled, since theoretically she is supposed to help me overcome my issues...

But I don't like her. She is roughly a 40 year old cheerleader. I can't understand why she works out of the office of a bariatric surgeon because on my initial consult with her she told me she just didn't get "head hunger".

WTF is there to get? You see something delicious, you aren't hungry, you eat it anyway. Apparently she has never had a craving for some chocolate, cheesecake, or egg rolls.

Have I mentioned she works out of my surgeons office? So tomorrow I go in. I'm expecting a lecture about my lack of protein... but after that is over I'm hoping she will give me some suggestions. I have huge texture issues. I can do a shake a day for a couple days, but then on the 3rd day it will hit my mouth and I immediately gag on it. I need something I can manage all the time.

I've recently started adding tofu back into my diet, but will need to talk to her about that as well, since soy products mess with my thyroid hormone therapy. LOL nothing is as easy as I think it is going to be, but that is ok. I'm going there tomorrow to learn, and even if she hates me and doesn't understand me, I'm going to make her teach me. I will come out of that office with better suggestions.

The one good thing is R is going to bring me a case of the one protein bar I actually like to eat. So if I can do one of those a day it's 14g Protein, but I think I can manage to eat 1.5 as a snack throughout the day and that's an extra 21. Which really would be a huge difference.


1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Sargese said...

A lecture, eh? And they wonder why we have a difficult time being compliant when they treat us like errant children! I'm glad you found a protein bar that you like. Keep up the great attitude!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer